The First-Generation Initiative (FGI) published a refreshed website (smu.edu/firstgen) for the SMU community on August 13. Just in time for the new academic year, the refresh expanded web-based resources and new features including:
- Expanded college terminology reference glossary
- Updated First-Gen Proud faculty and staff allies program. A new online registration for for faculty/staff to become first-gen allies.
- A blog to highlight first-generation student accomplishments
- Adding a public calendar of upcoming events and programs
- List of first-generation student organization
- A new book and tech financial support program for currently enrolled first-gen students, made possible via SMU Giving Day
Faculty and staff are encoruaged to direct students to the first-generation initiative via smu.edu/firstgen. Feedback and recommendations of additional resources/scholarships are welcome; please email firstname.lastname@example.org.