The basic process, approval for your trip, booking transportation and lodging and creating your expense report, is outlined below. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approval – Submit a travel request through Concur:
· The org owner approves travel requests in advance.
· A travel request provides a reasonable estimate of the full cost of the trip, including transportation, lodging and meals.
· Remember to make a note of the request ID for future use during the booking process.
· Look for an email confirming when the travel request has been approved.
Book – your travel through Concur:
• Select air, hotel and rental car options.
• Look for travel options that include a green icon that indicates the rates are within policy.
• For a quick five-minute tutorial, visit this page.
Create – a travel expense report:
· When the trip is complete, create a travel expense report to document expenses charged to your SMU Card or to request reimbursement.
· Use your phone to take pictures of receipts to upload to Concur.
· Match expenses and receipts to create a report.
· Submit the report for approval and reimbursement.
Detailed – instructions (web demonstrations, screen shots, step-by-step instructions) can be found here.