Looking to sharpen or refresh your skills in Canvas LMS? Our Academic Technology team is hosting several workshops over the next two weeks both in-person and via Zoom to help you learn more about Canvas features and to answer any Canvas questions you may have. Check out the schedule here!
It’s in the Syllabus!
The Canvas Syllabus makes it easy to communicate to your students exactly what will be required of them throughout the course. In this training, you will learn how to:
- Upload a syllabus
- Use due dates to create a syllabus assignments list
- Create syllabus visibility
Grading – The Good, the Late, and the Extra Credit
The Canvas Gradebook helps instructors easily view and enter grades for students.
In this training, you will learn how to:
- Manage your late policy grades
- Organize your gradebook
- Weight assignment groups
- Give extra credit
Use the Calendar to Your (and your students!) Advantage
The Canvas Calendar is a great way to view everything for all your courses in one place. In this training, you will learn how to:
- View individual and course calendars
- Create appointment groups for office hours
- Add quick assignments and events
Ready, Set, Pony Up! – Getting Started for Spring
Let’s make sure your course (and you!) are ready to start the spring semester in Canvas. In this training, you will learn how to:
- Import course content
- Update imported announcements
- Review the syllabus, assignment settings, and gradebook for alignment
- Set up proctoring tools, adjust navigation links, and create groups
- Check for any broken links
Canvas Questions? We Have Answers!
Do you have questions about Canvas? Attend our Q&A session to get answers!