Apply here is you are interested: https://www.teacherjobnet.org/jobs/Jobpost.exe
|DISTRICT:||Highland Park ISD|
|LOCATION:||Highland Park District Wide|
|POSITION:||Non-Certified Substitute Teacher|
|JOB DESCRIPTION:||As a substitute teacher, provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.|
Minimum 48 college hours or Associate’s Degree
Bachelor’s preferred but not required
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:||Instructional Strategies
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
3. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
6. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
7. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
8. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
9. Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
10. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
11. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
12. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
13. Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
14. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
15. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
16. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
18. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
19. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
20. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
21. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
22. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
23. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
24. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing. Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment.
|REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:||Experience preferred|
|SALARY:||Daily Rate $95.00 Long Term Substitute Rate days (11 – 20 in the current long term assignment) $110.00 Long Term Substitute Rate beginning 21st day and continuing through the end of the assignment. $130.00|
CHINESE MANDARIN TUTOR NEEDED
- Job description: I’m looking for a private tutor who can come to my house for my two children – 3rd and 5th grade. I’d like each of them to have their own time. My children have had Chinese classes before, but it’s been since before COVID that they have had any tutoring. I would want the tutor to assess each child’s level of the language and then go from there. I know my boy is at a more advanced level than my daughter. They hear Chinese from their grandparents, but don’t speak very much, maybe a few phrases. I’d like them to be fluent in speaking Chinese, and eventually be able to read and write it. I’d like to start right away and will pay for any books/materials my children need for tutoring.
- Job location: We live in Lakewood, East Dallas, which is across 75, about 15 minutes from the SMU campus.
- Job compensation: This is negotiable.
- Contact: Chrissy Kuo, 972-809-8736. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ascend High School, Uplift Education
- Spanish I Teacher
- Theatre Arts Teacher
Contact: Bratania Morris, Principal, email@example.com