Are you interested in free classes at the SMU Simmons School of Education?
Join the next Project CONNECT Team of Teachers to earn over $4,000 of scholarship money while earning your ESL Certification! Full-Tuition scholarships for 6 graduate credits (2 courses) are available.
Do I Qualify?
YES—if. . .
You are a practicing teacher committed to high-quality instruction for English Language Learners AND
You currently do not have Texas ESL certification
OR you are a pre-service teacher enrolled in one of these programs: Masters with Certification, Hunt Residency, or Community Scholars Programs.
What Is It?
- Full-Tuition scholarship for 2 English as a Second Language (ESL) certification courses worth up to $4,000!
- Certification exam prep and fees covered.
- Course delivery is face-to-face course with online support materials.
- Graduate courses are offered for students who commit to 2 consecutive terms (fall and spring):
- Fall 2018 and Spring 2019
- Fall 2019 and Spring 2020
How Do I Apply?
Karla del Rosal (a lead researcher and Assistant Professor)
Diego Roman (a lead researcher and Assistant Professor)
Paige Ware (a lead researcher and Professor)
Brenna Rivas (Program and Assessment Coordinator)
Nancy Montgomery (a lead instructor and Clinical Associate Professor)
Jillian Conry (a doctoral candidate and instructor with Project CONNECT)
Sumei Wu (a doctoral candidate and curriculum developer for Project CONNECT)