Temerlin Advertising Institute’s Willie Baronet Presents “Home. Again.” at TEDxSMU

Willie Baronet | Faculty | Temerlin Advertising Institute’s Stan Richards Professor in Creative Advertising |Meadows School of the Arts | Home. Again.

76F30E99-1CE5-41BC-9E6B-8A72FEF20297 TEDxSMU sign Willie on stage

Meadows School faculty member Willie Baronet opened the TEDxSMU show to a standing ovation (it’s his third TEDxSMU appearance) with the latest chapter in his quest to buy signs from the homeless – this time to talk about his sign-collecting journey across the country and how it shaped his understanding of “home.”

“Three years ago I stood on this same stage and talked about my WE ARE ALL HOMELESS project, and I said I wanted to travel across the country one day to buy signs,” Baronet said.  “In July of 2014 I did just that, traveling from Seattle to LA to New York in 31 days. I’m honored to be part of this year’s TEDxSMU/Inside SMU program so that I can share some highlights of this adventure, and the lessons I continue to learn about compassion, gratitude and what home really means.”

For more about Professor Baronet’s story visit http://www.smu.edu/News/2014/willie-baronet-huffpost-25april2014