A required maintenance project to repair a gas leak outside of Dr. Bob Smith Health Center will require full closure of the parking lot north of the center.
- Starting: Saturday, July 1
- Estimated Completion: Monday, July 3
- The parking lot north of Dr. Bob Smith Health Center will be closed.
- The sidewalks surrounding the parking lot will be accessible to pedestrians.
Based upon a notification from the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), SMU will reduce its electricity use as defined below:
BUILDINGS AND THERMOSTAT SETTINGS
- Cooling set points (thermostat settings) in buildings will be adjusted to 78 degrees Fahrenheit during this period
- Interior temperatures should be back to normal by early evening
- Exempt spaces on campus will not be affected
WAYS TO ASSIST IN REDUCING ENERGY CONSUMPTION
- Leaving windows and doors closed when the air conditioning is running
- Adjusting window blinds to block the sun’s heat
- Turning off unnecessary lighting
- Putting computers in sleep mode when not in use
Thank You for Your Partnership in this Effort