For presentation at The 10th Annual Collin College Undergraduate Interdisciplinary Student Research Conference. April 24, 2019. Plano Campus. 2800 East Spring Creek Parkway Plano, Texas 75074
THEME: Research across the Disciplines
- Including Research Papers, Literature Reviews, Research Manuscripts, Research Reports, Service Learning Research, Scientific Experiment Research, Exploratory Research, etc.
OPEN TO: Undergraduate students at both 2-year and 4-year institutions. Students who complete their undergraduate degree in Dec. 2018 are eligible for conference consideration.
Prizes & recognition awarded for Top Paper in 2 categories!
*4-year University students *2-year College students
Only completed research will be considered for Top Paper Awards
- Group/Panel Presentation (a group of students who have written different research papers over a similar topic verbally explain their research to an audience. An expert makes comments. Ends with Q & A)
- Individual Student Paper Presentation (exactly like the Panel Presentation explained above, except the individual students on the panel do not know each other prior to the conference presentation)
- Roundtable (student(s) lead the audience through an interactive discussion of their group research)
- Performance (student(s) present their research to an audience in the form of a rehearsed performance)
- Poster boards (student(s) present their research to hallway passersby in the form of designed poster boards. This is similar in style to a Science Fair presentation)
- Professor-Sponsored Panel (a small group of students, who have been sponsored by a faculty member, verbally explain their research to an audience. Ends with Q & A. NOTE: This is the only submission that does not come from a student, but rather from the sponsoring faculty member)
*Researchers who do not indicate which presentation style they prefer will be placed in a panel.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: March 1, 2019
HOW TO SUBMIT:
1) send an e-mail to StudentConference@collin.edu
2) Type the title of your paper in the subject line
3) In the e-mail body, include the following information:
– I am from a 2-year school. I am from a 4-year school (pick one)
– The name of my current school is _____________________________________
– I am submitting my own, singular work. I am submitting as part of a larger group (pick one)
NOTE: If you are submitting as part of a group, attach all papers to this one e-mail. You are the representative/primary contact for this group. In order to make certain all group members are in the know, however, you should make certain to CC all group members in the submission e-mail.