The Tower Center welcomes a new friend in our halls, Oscar Morales Guevara. Mr. Morales is the first Fellow in Human Freedom at the George W. Bush Institute. Since the Institute is not yet built, Oscar is in residence at the Tower Center.
Below are just a few of Mr. Morales’ accomplishments:
- Organized and lead the Worldwide Mobilization Against FARC, February 4th, 2008, with 12 million marchers in over 200 cities in 40 different countries, with the help of 400,000 volunteers
- Founder of Facebook group One Million Voices against FARC, the genesis of the Mobilization
- Delegate Counselor at the One Young World Conference in London
- Co-convener of the initial summit of Alliance of Youth Movements gathering over 20 youth movements and organizations from around the world that use technology and social networks to protest terrorism, violence, oppression and extremism, organized by Howcast.com, Facebook, Google, YouTube, MTV, AT&T, and the U.S. State Department
- Speaker at social media/tech events such as the first Google Zeitgeist 2009/London
- Advisor to Facebook and other media companies and organizations on the use of social networks to promote causes and principles
- Executive President and Editor in Chief, One Million Voices Foundation, Colombia
- Technology Advisor, SENA (Servicio Nacional de Aprendizaje), a Colombian educational institution training over 1.5 million young Colombians in technology at no cost
- A professional civil engineer and educator in engineering, with a degree in Civil Engineering from Universidad del Norte de Barranquilla
We are looking forward to spending time with Oscar and working with him while he is here. When you see him around at Tower Center events, please be sure to give him a warm welcome.
External Links about Oscar Morales Guevara: