Executive Internship 2016: Preston Barrett

In the final semester of the Temerlin Advertising Institute’s MA in Advertising program, students work in an executive internship with a Dallas agency. Read Preston’s story below.

Preston Barrett: The Richards Group

FullSizeRenderpreston

I am currently an intern at The Richards Group in the Brand Management Department. While I am predominantly working on The Home Depot account, I’m doing projects for other clients as well.

In my internship, I work with people across all different disciplines within the agency to complete my projects. I’ve been involved in various phases of the process of launching different ads across different mediums (including radio, TV, print, and online). In addition to participating in weekly status meetings and participating in competitive analysis, I also have been able to listen in on recording sessions, attend a shoot, and conduct Home Depot store audits.

While the variety of work is very engaging, working with different clients has been a great experience because not only has it given me experience looking at advertising in different industries, but it has also shown me the intricacies associated with working with different size clients.

Working at The Richards Group has been an excellent learning experience for me to learn about working with accounts within an agency. It’s a very fast-paced environment, but I feel that has helped me realize just how much I’m able to accomplish. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed how much I’ve been able to learn and experience, and am excited to continue my internship!