TAI Students Participate in the 2016 Most Promising Multicultural Students Program

TAI students Marissa Lopez (’16) and Tien Dang (’16) were selected for the AAF’s Most Promising Multicultural Student(MPMS) Class of 2016. The program, held from February 15th to February 18th at The Roosevelt Hotel in New York City, selected only 50 students from across the country to participate. Read about Marissa’s experience:

FullSizeRender-1

“Being a part of the Most Promising Multicultural Student Class of 2016 was one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve ever had. It was truly an honor to be selected by the AAF as one of 50 students from across the country. I left the weeklong networking immersion program, with a whole new perspective and respect for the industry. MPMS opened my eyes to understanding what a truly incredible and passionate industry advertising is. The individuals I met over the week, from professionals to other students were all extremely inspiring. From learning how to embrace diversity in advertising to the best ways to go about starting your career in the ad world, everything I learned from speaking with and listening to these individuals are things that will help me in my career for the rest of my life.

FullSizeRender

Overall this program was extremely helpful for someone approaching graduation and looking to start his or her career in advertising. Some of the best takeaways from the program were to never stop learning, take risks, and to stay true to oneself. I believe that with this knowledge in mind the possibilities are endless. This program has allowed me to connect with agencies I had never thought about interacting with until I was standing in front of their table during a recruiters expo or standing in their very own office during our daily agency visits. Wonderful professional connections were made over the course of the week and so much knowledge was gained. However, most importantly I formed life long connections with my fellow MPMS Class. We are the future, and I can’t wait to see where each of us ends up. ”