Volunteer Opportunity to Teach GED or ESL Classes

My name is Jessica Martinez, and I am currently a Doctoral student at SMU at the Simons School of Education and Human Development. Additionally, I work full-time at a non-profit organization named Aspire, formerly known as LIFT, where I serve as the Director of Adult Education.

Our mission is to provide educational opportunities to underserved communities in the Dallas area and empower them to reach their full potential and improve their lives. We offer a variety of classes from ESL, literacy classes, workforce training, to GED prep classes in English and Spanish.

I am reaching out to you, and the Simmons School of Education overall, because we are offering teaching opportunities for our GED online classes and ESL classes on a volunteer basis. Our Spring semester is scheduled for February 7th to May 11th, and we will continue to have opportunities open this Fall semester.

Please contact Jessica Martinez for more information: jessicamartinez@mail.smu.edu.

Aspire

Aspire (formerly LIFT and Aberg Center for Literacy) is a non-profit organization based in Dallas, Texas that specializes in cradle to career education programs: English (ESL) classes, foundations of reading and math, GED preparation, workforce training, Spanish education, Family Literacy, and Early

www.aspiretolearn.org