Ursuline Academy of Dallas is seeking a full-time teacher for Physics. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- a Master’s degree in physics or related field
- at least two years teaching experience in physics and in-depth knowledge of subject
- a positive, professional, collaborative work style
- the ability to educate in an engaging manner
- an enthusiasm for collaboration and participation in a community of learners who are excited to grow and engage in giving and receiving feedback
- the dedication to ensure the spirit and life of the school mission
Ursuline supports the student-based inquiry method, Modeling. Candidates must be comfortable with or willing to learn the Modeling method in teaching physics, with required attendance at a summer workshop unless previously trained. We seek candidates who embrace learner-driven pedagogy.
In addition to classroom responsibilities, full-time teachers at Ursuline Academy serve as advisors, actively participate in non-academic student activities such as moderating clubs, chaperoning events, and student supervision, and enthusiastically pursue professional development opportunities as they join a Catholic, independent school culture.
Teaching experience in a Catholic and/or independent school and/or all girls’ environment and the ability to teach other sciences and/or math classes is strongly preferred.
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
Contact: Interested applicants should download the Employment Application and Background Check forms, and then email the completed forms along with a resume, letters of reference, cover letter and transcripts of undergraduate or graduate work to