Ursuline Academy of Dallas is seeking a full-time mathematics teacher. The ideal candidate will possess
- a Master’s degree in math or mathematics education
- at least two years teaching experience in math at the secondary level including Algebra II, Pre-Calculus, and AP Calculus
- proficiency in the use of technology for pedagogical purposes including, but not limited to, TI-NSpire CX CAS, and TI-Navigator equipment
- a positive, professional, collaborative work style
- the ability to educate in an engaging manner
- an enthusiasm for collaboration and participation in a community of learners who are excited to grow and engage in giving and receiving feedback
- the dedication to ensure the spirit and life of the school mission
The mathematics program at Ursuline Academy embraces problem solving skills and connections to the world outside of the math classroom. Ursuline mathematics instruction emphasizes communication, multiple representations, and appropriate integration of technology. Our teachers strive to provide a safe environment for risk taking in mathematics by promoting perseverance in problem solving and encouraging independent thinking. We seek candidates who embrace learner-driven pedagogy.
In addition to classroom responsibilities, full-time teachers at Ursuline Academy serve as advisors, actively participate in non-academic student activities such as moderating clubs, chaperoning events, and student supervision, and enthusiastically pursue professional development opportunities as they join a Catholic, independent school culture.
Teaching experience in a Catholic and/or independent school and/or all girls’ environment and the ability to teach other sciences and/or math classes is strongly preferred.
Founded in 1874, Ursuline Academy of Dallas is an independent Catholic, college preparatory school for young women sponsored by the Ursuline Sisters. The mission of Ursuline Academy is the total development of the individual student through spiritual formation, intellectual growth, service to others, and building of community.
Contact: Interested applicants should download the Employment Application and Background Check forms, and then email the completed forms along with a resume, letters of reference, cover letter and transcripts of undergraduate or graduate work to