- Two highly motivated and enthusiastic teachers.
- YOU MUST APPLY AS A PAIR with experience working together.
- The farm is on a beautiful property with one acre of blackberries and one acre of annual plants. During camp the production will include blackberries, tomatoes, peppers, sweet potatoes, melons, okra, and more. The camp will be *all outdoors*, in Texas, in June and July – this is not for the faint of heart, so please bear that in mind. There is no indoor facility, only tents, trees, and an old tin barn. There are port-a-potties and an RV. That said, the family has been hosting student field trips and Girl Scouts for the last year and truly enjoyed teaching the kids about where food comes from.
- In addition to running the camp, you will have a heavy hand in designing the program, and the family has a lot of resources for this. Each week will have a theme, and each day will start with farm chores (harvesting, transplanting, weeding) and move towards the large shady trees and traditional summer camp activities (crafts, drama, etc) as the day heats up.
- There will be 6 five day sessions starting as soon as school is out, running from 9am-3pm, with the possibility of adding before/after care. Enrollment will be capped at 20 students per session, targeting 8-11 year olds.
- The dates would be June 5-9, 12-16, 19-23, 26-30, July 3-7, and 10-14. If you have in-service the first week after school is out, they’ll push the whole schedule one week.
- With prep and breakdown every day it will add up to a regular 40 hour week. The pay is $20/hour. If you’re interested in providing before/after care, this can be explored.
Please send a resume and description of yourself and partner to email@example.com.