Academic Services Director
Location: Dallas, Texas
Star Tutoring Centers is novel approach to after school academic services. In addition to subject matter education, we focus on building executive functioning skills and developing habits that transfer to success in real life. We reinforce organization, planning, goal-orientation and self-advocacy, while also finding ways to develop intrinsic motivation through self-awareness. We are looking for an energetic Academic Services Director to join us this summer to lead the evolution of our offering and manage the tutoring staff. This position reports directly to the Center Director and is a part of the leadership team.
Responsibilities will include…
- Hands-on tutoring with students (approximately 50% of the role)
- Developing and tweaking our service offering over time to optimize student success
- Identifying, interviewing and hiring tutoring staff
- Onboarding, orienting and training new staff
- Mentoring and providing continual guidance to staff
- Selecting materials and resources, such as worksheets, books, and websites to have on hand
- Liaising with parents and school counselors to ensure satisfaction
- Scheduling of one-on-one and group tutoring
Contact us if…
You have several years of tutoring experience. You have a passion for helping students succeed. You are comfortable talking to parents. You are customer-oriented. You can lead a team and inspire others. You are good at juggling multiple priorities at once. You remain calm and organized amidst chaos. You are a dynamic problem solver. You are ambitious and want to grow with us. You have what it takes to succeed at anything.
We’re very interested if…
You have a master’s in special education. You have experience working with students with dyslexia, autism, anxiety, and attention deficit disorder (ADD/ADHD). You can identify students with potential learning differences. You have experience with IEPs / 504 plans and differentiated learning. You are comfortable talking to school counselors and psychologists. You understand educational testing. You have familiarity with neuropsychology reporting.
How to apply:
Email your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Academic Services Director.” We are looking for a Rockstar, so please tell us why you shine! We will do our best to get back to you within one week.