We’re looking for a tutor who can come over 1-3 times a week, for about an hour each lesson, and help her both learn math concepts in general (hopefully this can be made fun, interesting, or at least engaging) and help her do her homework (might be less fun!).
She’s in live in-person school two days a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) at Coram Deo Academy and we are especially looking for someone who might be able to come over Tuesday afternoons and ideally at some point during the day on Wednesdays.
We’re looking to pay about $20-25 per hour.
Interested? Contact: David Scoggins <email@example.com>
Title: School Tutor
Start Date: September 2020
Home Location: Highland Park
Days of the Week: Wednesdays and Friday
Work Hours: 9AM – 1PM
Salary: paid hourly; rate based on qualifications
Ideal Candidate: male with or working towards their degree in Education
- We are looking for an experienced and reliable tutor to help out two elementary grade boys, grade 3 and 4. Both boys are homeschooled ages 7 and 8.
- Tutor generally will work with both students one-on-one to provide help on a particular assignment or with basics in their homeschooling subjects.
- After each session, Tutor will document tasks so that student’s progress can be shared with parents.
- The ideal candidate has worked professionally with school-age students for at least one year and is comfortable tutoring in at least two of the four core subjects (i.e., Mathematics, Language Arts, History, and Science).
- The job requires traveling to the home of the family Wednesdays and Fridays from 9am-1pm.
Tutor Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing homeschool curricula topics and assignments
- Assisting with homework, projects, test preparation, papers, and other academic tasks
- Explain key concepts, especially those learned in their homeschooling videos
- Teaching various skills to improve academic performance, including study strategies, note-taking skills, creative writing, and approaches to answering test questions
- Developing and distributing teaching materials to supplement homeschooling lessons
- Reviewing tests to track progress, identify areas of improvement and help set goals for next exam preparation
- Providing positive and constructive feedback
- Offering feedback on progress to students’ parents, and teachers where appropriate
Tutor Skills and Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly explain challenging concepts, provide instructions and deliver feedback
- Ability to motivate and encourage students to improve their academic performance using effective goal-setting strategies
- Creativity and flexibility in order to personalize their learning approach for individual students
- Patience and compassion for students as they develop skills and improve their performance
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in Education or working towards degree in Education
- Previous demonstrated excellence in the elementary education arena
- Experience working with children in a supervised setting
- Optional certification from the National Tutoring Association, American Tutoring Association, Association for the Coaching and Tutoring Profession or the College Reading and Learning Association
- Must be able to pass a background check
For more information please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].