In collaboration with Student Academic Success Programs, we are excited to provide some advice and resources for students to help students with studying and scheduling during online classes and finals:
1. Figure out a schedule early. Over Thanksgiving and before you return to virtual courses, locate and set up a space in the house for “work”. Find somewhere quiet during the times you will need to be logged into your computer.
2. Make a list of times/dates of your final exams and share it with your family. If siblings and others are around, talk about how important these times are. Are there better places to take your finals – parents’ office or a library? Think about these chunks of times and make a plan for where you’ll be.
3. Maintain your schedule. If you normally get up to study before classes, do that while you’re home. If you always study during lunch, keep it up! Share your schedule with family so they understand.
4. Take all your course materials home! Books, notes, workbooks, returned exams/quizzes. Don’t leave anything behind that might help with your classes or finals.
5. If you completed a Time Awareness sheet (a 24/7 worksheet), take it home and share it with your family so they know the schedule you’ll keep for the 3 remaining class days.
6. There are 3 Reading Days – plan out how you’ll utilize them in advance.
7. There is one A-LEC workshop remaining:
Prepare for Finals: The Last Week
Wed, December 2
2:00 PM CST Zoom
8. Virtual tutoring (including Writing Center appointments) and academic counseling will continue through final exams. The schedule can be found at www.smu.edu/SASP.
For more information, please visit the following websites: