All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- The Subversive Cross is a symbol of empowerment for all, including El Salvador’s women
- Pilgrims March with Thousands
- Pilgrims with Alabama Leaders
- Photo from Selma
- Why this does not grow old
- Nonviolent courage of the Little Rock Nine
- To the sons and daughters who risked their lives
- Thank you to the nameless
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
Women’s and Gender Studies
Jessica is a graduate student in cultural anthropology and a candidate for a graduate certificate in women’s and gender studies in Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences. Jessica is working on her dissertation, which compares middle-class, heterosexual Mexican-American couples and Anglo couples in the U.S. with the goal of understanding why these individuals choose to be child-free and how gender influences power relations in decision-making. During summer 2013, she is attending the Smithsonian Latino Museum Studies Program in Washington, D.C., to expand her knowledge of Latino studies and explore how her work as an anthropologist can be utilized in a museum setting. Continue reading