All SMU Adventurers
All Adventures, By Month
This Just In…
- The Subversive Cross is a symbol of empowerment for all, including El Salvador’s women
- Pilgrims March with Thousands
- Pilgrims with Alabama Leaders
- Photo from Selma
- Why this does not grow old
- Nonviolent courage of the Little Rock Nine
- To the sons and daughters who risked their lives
- Thank you to the nameless
Where Are They?
SMU students are having amazing adventures. Click on a continent to get started.
Daily Archives: June 2, 2013
The Perkins Global Theological Education Program prepares Christian leaders for complex cultural experiences through seminars and significant immersion experiences in other cultures. Students learn to build intercultural relationships, resolve cultural conflicts and guide intercultural ventures. In South Africa, participants are gaining insights into Christian hope in the region by exploring the political, economic, sexual, racial, and gender-complex experiences of the people of South Africa, and by participating in varieties of church and community-based ministries in Cape Town and Durban. This course is led by Dr. Evelyn L. Parker, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Professor of Practical Theology.
Perkins students also are blogging this summer from France at blog.smu.edu/studentadventures/category/theology-in-france/ Continue reading