We have been posting blog updates over the last year highlighting features of the new system as they were being designed, and now we are celebrating a major milestone. On June 21, we went live with all modules for Facilities Maintenance. This included work orders, preventative maintenance, warehouse management, purchasing and financial reconciliation, assets and more. As the system was launched, we continued to adapt and modify the various forms, workflows and processes based on feedback from the community. As with any new system, there is a significant learning curve. However, we are off and running! As you interact with the new system, you may notice a few features that we hope you find helpful.
- Forms are easier to complete and navigate. These forms go directly to the appropriate teams to facilitate which should expedite the response.
- Customer Feedback Forms: You now can provide feedback on the service and response time via the portal (smu.edu/stable). Feedback forms are available from the portal up to two weeks after the request has been marked complete. The feedback is important as we continue to improve our service to campus.
- Order Lookup Gadget: You can now lookup the status of any order via the portal as long as you know the order number.
- My order gadget: This allows you a quick look at your submitted requests along with their status.
- My Keys: This gadget displays all keys that are assigned to you. There will be future processes to help us correct our key records as we know many keys are transferred within the schools and departments without updating this master inventory. However, if you notice any errors, we welcome your feedback so we can make the appropriate updates.
Below are additional features that will be implemented over the fall semester to further enhance your experience.
- Dashboards and reporting: Many areas have requested the ability to view all issues in a building or a department. We understand how powerful this access can be and will work on delivering those reports over the next several weeks.
- Space categorization and review: Several efforts are underway to update space categories for all spaces across campus and verify the data with our operational partners in departments. This will achieve improved accuracy in reporting on how space is used on campus like: available space, current utilization, and distribution of space types.
- Internal Service Level Agreements: We will enable various SLAs which help measure and monitor the response and resolution times for requests within the system. Although these are internal measurements, they ultimately ensure better service and response times for the campus.
As we continue to refine and develop the modules that are live, we are also working diligently on the next set of processes to be implemented. This month, we will launch new functionality for real estate management, health and safety features, tools for managing small facilities projects, and the functionality to report on grant allocation per space. The actual data for the grant allocation will be collected and imported over the fall semester.
Room reservations and event management implementation has extended to January 2022 in order to work more closely with each of the critical stakeholders across campus and release a much improved process for all. We will provide additional updates throughout the fall as that work unfolds.
Finally, work is beginning on the OIT ticketing implementation. Due to the complexity of the IT processes, this implementation will extend until summer 2022.