Did You Know?
- 79% of employees who quit their jobs cite a lack of appreciation as a key reason for their leaving!
- 87% of job seekers report the #1 characteristic they desire in a workplace is to feel valued!
- 65% or North Americans report that they received no recognition or no appreciation at their workplace in the past year!
Lack of Appreciation Results in Stress in the Workplace
The impact of authentic appreciation when staff feel valued is measurable and includes the following:
- improved relationships between manager, employee, and co-workers
- increased job satisfaction
- reduction in tardiness and absenteeism
- decreased staff turnover
- diminished internal tension and conflict
- increased productivity
- improved customer satisfaction
- a more positive workplace
- managers like their jobs more!
Want to Build a Stronger Team Through Appreciation?
The program consists of 4 modules of training with an Motivating By Appreciation assessment so team members can learn their primary, secondary, and least valued language of appreciation.
The training covers:
- the importance of appreciation
- the 5 languages and what they mean
- how to put the languages to work in your organization
- making it stick
Questions? Email us at DevelopU@smu.edu.
The SMU Managers Blog provides timely and relevant information to support managers in their roles.
Sign up for the RSS feed and immediately receive posts in your Outlook inbox.