Five Dedman School of Law alumni were recognized for their leadership, achievements and contributions to their profession with Distinguished Alumni Awards, the highest honor the law school bestows upon its alumni and friends.
The law alumni honored and the awards they received on April 10 include:
- The Emerging Leader Award – Christa Brown-Sanford ’04, partner, deputy department chair, intellectual property (firmwide), Baker Botts
- The Distinguished Alumni Award for Corporate Service – Joseph Wm. Foran ’77, founder, chairman of the board and chief executive officer, Matador Resources Company
- The Distinguished Alumni Award for Private Practice – Michael P. Lynn ’75, partner, Lynn Pinker Cox & Hurst, LLP
- The Distinguished Alumni Award for Judicial Service – Irma C. Ramirez ’91, magistrate judge. U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- The Distinguished Alumni Award for Public Service – Kelly Rentzel ’02, general counsel, Texas Capital Bank