SMU Libraries has begun a subscription to resources provided by The New York Times. Besides unlimited access to the NYT, the following benefits are also available:
- Over 80 newsletters such as Well, Climate Forward, In Her Words, and more.
- Podcasts such as The Daily.
- Access to Spanish and Chinese translated editions of The New York Times.
- Up-to-date technology to make NYTimes.com Accessible with features such as closed caption and screen reader interface.
- Archived articles since 1851 -2002, (5 pdf download per day per user restriction)
- Multimedia including video, photography, VR features, and new multimedia to come.
- Live Events – conversations with inspiring personalities like Tony Blair on How Russia’s War Will Change the World: A Virtual Event. Lin-Manuel Miranda and Shakespeare in the Park: A Times Summer Event, Teaching 1619 Project: a virtual event for Educators and Librarians and Championing The Truth: a conversation between journalist and librarians on fighting misinformation, remaining balanced, and supporting communities. These are just a few of the great subscriber only events that faculty and students are enjoying through the resource.
- Unlimited access to two great learning tools is also available by registering here. The New York Times inEducation website and The Learning Network. To gain entry to the Education sites, register with your @smu.edu email address, and for your convenience use the same password selected to log into NYTimes.com
For questions, Ask a Business Librarian.