Recognizing the growing need to support SMU researchers’ data management needs, SMU Libraries offers consultation for research data management support. Librarians are available to discuss different aspects of the research data life cycle in the following areas:
- Data Access: explanation of the various options available to make your data accessible online
- Data Management Planning: assistance in accessing and completing data management plans using the DMPTool
- Metadata Advice: instruction on creating metadata that make your data more findable
- Data Storage and Preservation: advice on best practices for storing and preserving your data
- Instruction and Training: in-class training and workshops on topics related to data management
Research data management is becoming increasingly important for faculty and researchers who need to manage their data through the entire data life cycle, from planning through preservation. In addition, research data management plans are a crucial component of most federally-funded grants.
For more information on any of the areas for which we provide support, please read the SMU Libraries Research Data Management Support Policy or contact our data support team at email@example.com