Paul Quinn College seeks a highly motivated, energetic professional to solicit new corporate clients, assist with student job placements, and help coordinate day-to-day operations for a unique internship and pre-professional mentorship program. Through the Corporate Work Program, students earn a significant portion of their college tuition and fees and gain valuable pre-professional skills by working part-time during the academic year in an internship position assigned to them through the Work Program Office.
Located in Dallas, TX, Paul Quinn is a private, faith-based, four-year, liberal arts-inspired college that provides a quality, faith-based education to culturally-diverse, minority students. Paul Quinn is the ninth federally funded work college in the United States, the first Minority Serving Institution (“MSI”) in the Work College Consortium, the first work college in Texas and the only Urban Work College in the nation.
The Sales and Business Development Manager reports to the Dean of the Work Program and assists in the overall development, coordination, and leadership of the sales activities of the Corporate Work Program. The Sales and Business Development Manager is expected to spend a portion of time in the field both with individual accounts and co-traveling with the Dean and/or President.
1. Responsible for sales for Work Program related initiatives, student internships, college fundraising events, including prospecting and development, cultivation and internship placement, follow-up, and retention.
2. Responsible for entire sales process including: creating powerful sales proposals; managing new and existing partner relationships; closing and processing all sales; meeting and surpassing sales goals; and creating follow-up strategy to retain groups and business partners.
3. Selling and marketing the Work Program to potential donors and business partners.
4. Strengthen and enhance relationships with corporate groups, affinity groups, concierge services, alumni groups, community leaders and group sales leaders.
5. Support the implementation of employer panels and industry-sector partnerships for the college and serve as the point person to coordinate meetings and events.
6. Meet monthly and annual sales goals in coordination with the Corporate Work Program’s and College’s business/development plan.
7. Take the lead in generating annual and monthly sales goals in coordination with the Corporate Work Study’s and School’s business/development plan.
8. Maintain a prospect/sales database and regularly generate sales reports.
9. Manage all in-house sales functions of the Corporate Work Program and assist with all field sales functions.
10. Coordinate the revision, inventory, and distribution of promotional materials.
11. Assist with event-planning for job procurement, student-parent orientation, sponsor orientation, Corporate Work Program breakfasts and client appreciation.
12. Market the College and its students to potential employers, graduate schools, and the public and develop and maintain relationships with strategic public and institutional employers and graduate schools.
13. Respond to customer/partner questions and inquiries in a timely and respectful manner.
14. Must adhere to expense guidelines and have sound budget management.
15. Manage, track and report growth and development of the Corporate Work Program to the Dean and the Senior Leadership Team.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: email@example.com