The Simmons School invited faculty, administrators, students, alumni and community leaders to discuss what elements are necessary to ensure academic success for African-Americans in higher education.
The conference, which took place April 1 at Harold Simmons Hall, tackled topics on community support for students, transforming the higher education experience, and student perspectives on current campus climate. Participants included representatives from SMU and area institutions. Read Daily Campus coverage here.
– Watch Community Panel discussion here.
– Watch Student Panel discussion here.
– Watch Higher Ed Panel discussion here.
– Watch Keynote Address by Dr. Richard Reddick, UT Austin here.
– Watch Speech by Kelvin Beachum Jr., ’10, ’12 here.