The Council on General Education met on January 27, 2023. The meeting minutes for December 2, 2022 were approved at this meeting. Below is the agenda, and the meeting minutes have now been posted on the General Education website.
- Approval of Agenda for the January 27, 2023 Council on General Education meeting.
- Approval of Minutes for the December 2, 2022 Council on General Education meeting.
- Common Curriculum Cohort Progression Presentation
- Common Curriculum CIE/CE Graduation Requirement Discussion
- Common Curriculum CIE/CE Graduation Requirement Exception Proposal for F20; SP21 Admits
- Common Curriculum CIE/CE Proactive Plans to Ensure Progression
- Encourage Course Proposals for CC Tags
- Encourage Schools/College Participation in Community Engagement
- CoGE Member visit SMU Community Engagement Council
- Promote Engage Dallas Awareness Around Faculty/Schools/Colleges
7. Writing Board Membership (Cox & Meadows Representatives)
- Meeting Dates: 2/24, 3/3, 4/21
8. Office of General Education Updates
- New Supporting Statement Templates
- Updated Common Curriculum Petitions in Deployment with Registrar
- Student Outreach Event Schedule (Pop Ups & CC Workshops)
Meeting and Common Curriculum proposal reminders
The Council on General Education invites course and approved activity proposals for Common Curriculum general education and graduation requirements.
The proposal deadline is March 22 (for review on 3/31). Literary Analysis and Interpretation (LAI) and Civics & Individual Ethics (CIE) are particularly interesting. Accepted proposals will be tagged at the course level and go into effect for summer 2023.
Please contact the Office of General Education for questions or proposal development support.