Effective April 17, Brittaney Wilson will transition to full-time at the Office of General Education as the inaugural General Education and Academic Appeals Coordinator.
Since October 2022, Brittaney has served in a joint Undergraduate Degree Counselor position between the Office of General Education and Meadows Student Academic Services. In this role, Brittaney provided:
- academic advisement for declared majors,
- aided in adopting the new Degree Planner tool in my.SMU, and
- launched new student outreach related to general education to Meadows students.
In her new role as General Education and Academic Appeals Coordinator, she will:
- support the Council on Academic Petitions (CAP),
- aid in the development and compliance of Common Curriculum pre-approved programs and organizations,
- Provide data analysis and marketing to encourage student progress through Common Curriculum requirements, and
- to develop inter-office agreements and audits for the Office of General Education.
Wilson shared, “Though my time in Meadows Academic Services has been short, I have enjoyed supporting students and working with such a knowledgeable team. My new position offers the opportunity to provide support in a different way. I look forward to increasing my knowledge of university processes, and continued growth on the Hilltop.”
The Office of General Education and the Meadows School of the Arts are grateful for the collaboration to successfully implement this shared Undergraduate Degree Counselor position pilot program. Due to increased demands on both offices, full-time staff was required. The Meadows Academic Services office will begin serving all Meadows graduate and performance degree students in addition to their long-standing service to the undergraduate population, which requires the addition of a full-time Meadows Degree Counselor.
Please join us in congratulating Brittaney Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org).