SMU in Four, Office of General Education, and the Registrar want to raise awareness of a newly discovered bug in my.SMU student interface called Highpoint.
When adding a class with a related component (lecture/lab combos) in Schedule Builder, the required component is not being pulled into the shopping cart or the enrollment transaction when directly enrolling from Schedule Builder.
Other institutions have already reported this to HighPoint, the software vendor of the Schedule Builder tool, and SMU has also added a note to the published issue that we would like a patch to fix this as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, the Registrar has developed a workaround for SMU students to utilize:
Option 1: If the student manually adds the classes to their shopping cart from Class Search, it will work.
Option 2: Workaround steps to follow within Schedule Builder.
- Go to Advanced Class Search
- Search for the course with lecture/lab combos like SPAN 1402 for Spring 2023 in Class Search
- Select the section you want to enroll in by selecting the 3 dots
- Options will appear. Select Enroll from the dropdown list
- The related Class menu page will load. Select Required Laboratory Section. Once you select the required laboratory section, the continue button will no longer be greyed out. Select Continue
Confirm enrollment options for the waitlist and select save.
We apologize for the need for a workaround during the enrollment period. Our hope is to work with the vendor to address the software issue as soon as possible. Should you have any questions, please reach out to your academic advisor.