The below announcement was sent to the SMU community on May 10, 2022. Residence Life & Student Housing is excited to welcome Dr. Stone to the vibrant Residential Commons community!
Dear Colleagues and Students,
We are pleased to announce the appointment of Ashley Stone Ph.D., as the new Faculty-in-Residence (FiR) for McElvaney Commons, effective July 1, 2022. The selection process was competitive and we were excited to have a strong applicant pool, from which to make this selection. Dr. Stone will reside in McElvaney Commons and will work with the Residential Community Director (RCD) and student leaders to enhance the educational experiences of their residents.
Ashley Stone Ph.D. is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Higher Education in the Department of Education Policy and Leadership. Professor Stone shared, “I hope to continue to build on the great foundation laid out by Professor Jim Hart and other previous FiRs in McElvaney Commons. I am deeply grateful for the opportunity to not only help foster this learning environment but to myself learn from and alongside all of the members of this vibrant community.”
We wish to thank Jim Hart and his family for their service as FiR. We also extend our gratitude to the members of the FiR Search Committee for their efforts in assisting in this search and appointment process:
- Co-Chair – Dr. Daniele Forlino, Lecturer of Italian and Area Chair, Dedman College of Humanities and Sciences; Faculty-in-Residence for Kathy Crow Commons, Residence Life & Student Housing
- Co-Chair – Dr. Dustin Grabsch, Director of Academic Initiatives, Residence Life & Student Housing;
- Natalia Arostegui Sanabria, Student Leader in the Office of Academic Initiatives, Residence Life & Student Housing;
- Maria Schoppa, Residential Community Director for Ware Commons, Residence Life & Student Housing;
- Gregg Suttle, Associate Director of Facilities, Residence Life & Student Housing; and
- Paige Ware, Associate Provost for Faculty Success, Office of the Provost.
Please join us in welcoming and congratulating Dr. Ashley Stone as the newest FiR. We look forward to her contributions to the residential and educational experiences of our students.
K.C. Mmeje, Ed.D.
Vice President for Student Affairs
Elizabeth G. Loboa, Ph.D.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs