It is hard to believe that we are nearing the end of the fall 2019 recruitment season. Our Ministry Discernment Associates – also known as recruiters! – have been road warriors, traveling to numerous colleges and universities, fairs, campus organizations, camps, churches and other gatherings to meet with prospective students who are discerning a call to ministry, or have an interest in pursuing theological education for deeper spiritual formation. We now begin to analyze our recent activities and strategize for our approaching future recruitment season.
These efforts, however, encompass much more than the good work of our recruiters. They include:
- Our faculty who participate in important national and international conversations and speak regularly at local churches and faith gatherings.
- Faculty, staff, Executive Board members and alumni who recommend individuals who would benefit from a Perkins education.
- All who participate and provide hospitality for our on-campus events, to help make Inside Perkins as well as individual visits successful.
- The Development Office, which keeps a constant eye securing funding for scholarships.
- Public Affairs, which promotes the incredible stories of Perkins.
- Administrators and staff who continue to infuse Perkins with a keen sense of creativity.
We thank you for your support and for understanding that recruitment is everyone’s responsibility. Please continue to pray for prospective students who are considering Perkins, and for those who have made commitments to come our way.
We’ve included our travel schedule below. If you know of a prospective student, or someone we should connect with at one or more of these destinations, please contact John, Caleb or Stephen.
With deep appreciation,
Rev. Dr. Margot Perez-Greene
Associate Dean of Enrollment Management
May Travel Schedule
John Lowery (email@example.com)
Arkansas Annual Conference
May 29 – June 1
Kids Across America (MO)
Caleb Palmer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Oklahoma Annual Conference
Stephen Bagby (email@example.com)
Texas Annual Conference (Houston)
Keys to Enrollment Success at Perkins
- Dean Hill’s leadership;
- School-wide commitment to recruitment;
- High expectations for recruitment personnel;
- Well-defined enrollment management strategies; and
- Maintaining enrollment as a high priority at all levels of the school.
As an incoming student at Perkins, I am looking forward to learning and growing within a context of appreciation for diversity. Conformity is not the purpose; love is.
–Student beginning study in fall 2019