We want to share several important reminders as you prepare for the event.
- Purses and other bags are not allowed in Moody Coliseum!! Please carefully review the bag policy for detailed information.
- SMU has established standard, large venue safety and security requirements for events held in Moody Coliseum (similar to those in place for an athletic event). All guests entering Moody will go through security screening and certain items are prohibited. Be sure to carefully review the list of prohibited items by clicking here.
- Beginning on Wednesday, May 8 at 9 AM through Friday, May 17 at 4 PM, your student can request guest admission tickets. All guests, regardless of age, must have a printed entry ticket for the Baccalaureate Service (undergraduate candidates only) on Friday evening, May 17 in McFarlin Auditorium and a printed entry ticket for the all-university Commencement Convocation on Saturday morning, May 18 in Moody Coliseum. Baccalaureate and Commencement guest tickets can be requested only by candidates who have indicated they will attend the ceremonies in my.SMU. Candidates are allotted 2 guest tickets for the Baccalaureate Service (undergraduates only) and 4 guest tickets for the all-university Commencement Convocation. Seating is limited and is first come, first served. A ticket does not guarantee a seat. Saving seats is not permitted; parties should enter together. Once the venue reaches capacity, guests will be directed to a nearby simulcast location. Simulcast locations do not require a ticket. It is a violation of SMU policy for a candidate to sell or barter an academic ceremony guest ticket and may result in the loss of access to guest tickets and/or a referral to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards for a policy violation. Each ticket has a unique code and can only be used once. Once a ticket code has been used to gain admittance to the ceremony venue, no other use of the code is permitted. Both ceremonies will be streamed online (smu.edu/live) and simulcast at alternate campus locations. More information about tickets can be found by clicking here. Each school has their own diploma presentation ceremony and tickets may be required. For information on school ceremonies, please click here.
- Mobility-impaired seating is also limited on a first-come basis. Guests seated in mobility-impaired seating are allowed one attendant/family member to accompany them.
- Please make plans to arrive early and expect heavy traffic delays. Candidates and guests may park in any of the University’s parking facilities.
- Join us on Twitter! Go to #SMUgrad and start posting today through graduation!! Share tweets and images. They may appear on the jumbotron in Moody on Commencement day!
- Detailed information about guest tickets, security requirements and school diploma presentation ceremonies can be found on the May Commencement website.
If you have questions, please contact Enrollment Services at 214-768-3417 or by email.
We look forward to celebrating with you and extend our congratulations.