Two New FAQs: Travel and Entertainment Savings and Reports
1) How does using Concur and CBT result in savings when there is a $26 fee when booking through CBT?
Under SMU’s previous travel management contract, the fee was $30 when the travel was booked through an agent. Since airfare was typically paid using a central University credit card, it was easy to not notice the fee and just view the total charged for fares and fees. The Concur system gives much more transparency to the fees by requiring the fees to be itemized when submitting travel reports. During the RFP process to select a travel management partner, the fees proposed by all vendors were evaluated and CBT’s fee structure of $5 online/$26 agent assisted booking was the lowest cost option. Most bookings under the previous system were made through an agent for the $30 fee. Under Concur, approximately 60% of the tickets are being booked online at the lower online fee rate. SMU is benefitting from the lower cost agent booking fee as well as the higher volume being booked online.
2) I am an org owner and need to be able to view travel requests and reports that I have previously approved for tracking purposes. Can I view approved reports in Concur?
Yes, Concur keeps all reports. Follow these steps to view prior reports:
- From the Concur homepage, select the “Approvals” option from the main menu.
- You will now see the options for “Approvals Home” “Requests” and “Reports”. Select “Reports”.
- The default setting is Reports Pending your Approval. Under that setting is a blue “View” drop down menu. Select the drop down menu and you have the option to view reports submitted in the last month, quarter, year or all reports you have approved.
This same functionality is available under the “Requests” tab on the Approvals category. This option would be an easy location to see what travel requests have been approved by you at a glance.
Some Concur users save all reports as a PDF file for their records. Once you select a report, use the “Print/Email” drop down box and select SMU Detailed Report. The report will generate and the standard options to PDF, Email or Print will be in the upper right corner. The Show Itemizations option in the upper left corner provides budget detail with each transaction that could be a good reference in the future.
- A New FAQ on Concur’s Travel Prices
- A New FAQ Regarding Travel Rates
- Breakdown of the Full Travel & Entertainment Initiative