New Travel and Expense Process Goes Live June 20
SMU’s new paperless and more user-friendly online process for booking and reporting travel expenses goes live June 20. Here are key points to know for the transition from our old paper travel report process to the new Concur system:
- Continue to book with Colwick Travel and report expenses using the paper travel report process through June 19. Beginning June 20, travel must be booked though the Concur system and our new travel management company Christopherson Business Travel.
- Using Colwick Travel to book and charge airfare is no longer available after June 19. Travelers should request a University-issued SMU Card or use a personal card to book air after that date.
- If airfare is charged through Colwick Travel prior to June 20, but the trip occurs after June 20 – submit two separate reports for the trip:
· Airfare charged through Colwick Travel is reported using the old paper travel report process to clear the University-paid purchase.
· Out-of-pocket expenses and expenses on a traveler’s University-issued card are reported using Concur.
- All out-of-pocket expense reimbursements beginning June 20 are reported using Concur, including for trips taken prior to June 20.
- If a traveler holds a University-issued card for travel and their trip overlaps June 20, please contact the Concur travel administrator at x2800 for instructions on how to report travel expenses.
- Training dates are set for June 8, 9, 18, and 19. Instructions to register for a training session will be announced soon.