Having trouble getting connected to the SMU campus network?
Here are some quick things to know:
- High-speed wired connections are available in all residence halls and study rooms, but your devices must be configured to obtain an IP address automatically.
- If you are connecting devices to the wired network or wirelessly via SMU_Guest, these must be registered annually in order to obtain an internet connection.
- The network registration portal allows you to register your devices for use in the residence halls, including gaming devices, Smart TVs, Apple TVs etc.
- Although many printers have wireless print capability, unfortunately, they will not work for wireless printing on campus. This would allow anyone and everyone to print to your printer! Please connect to printers via USB cable.
- PaperCut Pay-for-Print Systems are available at various locations on campus. Find out more here: smu.edu/printing
- PerunaNet is the secured wireless network on campus and is available in all of the residence halls, fraternity houses and sorority houses. Find out more about networking on campus here: smu.edu/OIT/Services/Wireless
- Some devices do not support the security configuration on PerunaNet, so please use the SMU_Guest network to connect these devices (ie. gaming devices and Apple TV).
Have more questions? Visit smu.edu/help.