Academic Technology Services is currently soliciting feedback on the services and support offered by SMU’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) to students. They are asking undergraduate and graduate student to take a few minutes to complete the survey for the second annual Student Technology Needs Assessment. The input gained from the questionnaire will help OIT to improve existing services and support, and create new technology initiatives. Continue reading 2017 Student Technology Needs Assessment Now Available
Tag: Academic Technology
Classroom Technology Planning Report for 2017 Now Available
As we began planning for the summer classroom upgrades, we took a more collaborative approach to the planning and design.
- Completed a full inventory of all the classrooms including researching the original installation date of the equipment.
- Categorized the rooms into three distinct types that would help guide the design of the technology.
- Met with each of the Academic Technology Service Directors to obtain a wish list of classroom upgrades and changes.
- Identified rooms from the OIT perspective that needed to be addressed based on the number of support calls and maintenance issues.
- Reviewed the full list and assigned estimated quotes for each room.
- Determined the rooms that could be completed utilizing the $500,000 allocated for Classroom Upgrades for FY18.
Continue reading Classroom Technology Planning Report for 2017 Now Available
Classroom Technology Refreshes with New Collaboration Devices
Working closely with the Academic Technology Service Directors and the Academic Technology Council, we have identified approximately 70 rooms to receive classroom technology upgrades this fiscal year. We are currently in the process of scheduling the rooms and finalizing bids with our vendors. The scheduling component will largely determine how many of those rooms we are able to complete over the summer months. SMU classrooms are still in such heavy use during the summer months that it leaves little time for major upgrade work.
There are a few exciting new changes that are included this year. Continue reading Classroom Technology Refreshes with New Collaboration Devices
Results of the 2016 Student Technology Needs Assessment
SMU’s Office of Information Technology will use the assessment results to improve existing services, support, and create new and innovative technology initiatives. Delivered during fall 2016, the Student Technology Needs Assessment surveyed over 1,200 undergraduate and graduate students at SMU, and focused on three major areas:
- OIT Systems and Resources
- Technical Support and Help
- Teaching, Learning, and Technology Continue reading Results of the 2016 Student Technology Needs Assessment