Our friends at Qualtrics are gearing up for this year’s Qualtrics Experience Week. From October 16-19, this fully online event includes presentations from academic and corporate researchers. Here’s a sample of what they are offering: Continue reading Qualtrics Offers Free Online Conference for Academic Research
Today was the day many Apple fans were waiting for, as CEO Tim Cook took to the stage in the new Steve Jobs Theater to introduce the next generation of the iPhone and Apple Watch families. The iPhone 8 and iPhone X are the latest new phones, and they both pack a lot of technical punch.
During the summer, the AV team tackled a large number of projects to refresh technology in over 116 classrooms. The list of items was presented to the Academic Technology Council last spring after gathering input from the Schools on wish list items. Towards the end of the semester, six rooms were added and funding authorized to prototype new technology in conjunction with various pedagogical styles. Continue reading OIT Updates Technology in SMU Classrooms Over the Summer
At Apple’s Wordwide Developer Conference (WWDC) this week, a new version of the iOS mobile operating system was announced for a fall release. iOS 11 brings several improvements and new features to iPhones and iPads, many of which have been long-desired by Apple fans. Continue reading iOS 11 Brings Improvements and Innovations to iDevices
As we began planning for the summer classroom upgrades, we took a more collaborative approach to the planning and design.
- Completed a full inventory of all the classrooms including researching the original installation date of the equipment.
- Categorized the rooms into three distinct types that would help guide the design of the technology.
- Met with each of the Academic Technology Service Directors to obtain a wish list of classroom upgrades and changes.
- Identified rooms from the OIT perspective that needed to be addressed based on the number of support calls and maintenance issues.
- Reviewed the full list and assigned estimated quotes for each room.
- Determined the rooms that could be completed utilizing the $500,000 allocated for Classroom Upgrades for FY18.