Our Canvas Boot Camps for this Fall 2022 term have been a great success! We thank each and every one of you that have attended and hope the session provided great info and insights to take your Canvas courses to the next level. If you missed any of the sessions, or simply want a refresher, we now have Boot Camp sessions available on-demand. Check out the links below to view the recordings.
Getting Back to Basics: Canvas Refresher
Let’s make sure your course (and you!) are ready to start the spring semester in Canvas. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Import course content;
- Update imported announcements;
- Review the syllabus, assignment settings, and Gradebook for alignment;
- Set up proctoring tools and adjust navigation links; and
- Check for any broken links
It’s in the Syllabus!
Simple Syllabus OR the Canvas Syllabus makes it easy to communicate to your students exactly what will be required of them throughout the course. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Use the Simple Syllabus template tool;
- Upload a syllabus;
- Use due dates to create a syllabus assignments list; and
- Create syllabus visibility
Grading – The Good, The Late, and the Extra Credit
The Canvas Gradebook helps instructors easily view and enter grades for students.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Manage your late policy grades;
- Organize your Gradebook;
- Weight assignment groups; and
- Give extra credit
Use the Calendar to Your (and your students!) Advantage
The Canvas Calendar is a great way to view everything for all your courses in one place. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- View individual and course calendars;
- Create appointment groups for office hours; and
- Add quick assignments and events
Canvas Assignments are a great way to assess student learning. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Create different assignment types;
- Set availability and due dates; and
- Access Speedgrader for grading
Zoom + Panopto
Zoom and Panopto can work seamlessly together to record and share videos. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Record videos inside and outside of the classroom
- Share recorded videos with an entire class or with individuals
Conquering Quizzes in Canvas
Quizzes are a way of assessing student learning. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Understand Classic Quizzes versus New Quizzes
- Use Question Banks/Item Banks
Your Words or Mine? Reviewing Plagiarism with Turnitin
You can check student assignment submissions for potential plagiarism, you can enable Turnitin on your Canvas assignment. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Run a similarity report against documents in its repository, our institution’s repository, website content, periodicals, journals, and articles.
- Review the similarity report
PlayPosit Broadcast: A Classroom Clicker Solution for Real-Time Instruction
Join the PlayPosit Instructional Design team to learn how to convert your asynchronous content to a live student-response experience for face-to-face, hybrid, or remote instruction.
Broadcast mode allows instructors to send a variety of questions over web conferencing apps or in lecture halls, allowing for maximum student engagement in synchronous lessons & lectures. Enjoy all the benefits of real-time data and monitoring, too!
- What is PlayPosit?
- You’re the Learner – Take a sample Broadcast bulb
- When and How to use Broadcast
- Tip 1: Use a bulb in your Canvas
- Tip 2: Live Poll during web-conferencing lecture
- Tip 3: Use Broadcast Outside of Canvas
- FAQ / Q&A
Peer reviews can be used to allow students to provide feedback on other students’ assignment submissions. In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- Setup peer-review assignments
- View peer-review comments
- View peer-review grades