With Duo being used every day by just about everyone here on The Hilltop, we want to keep you aware of any changes that are in the works. This includes a refreshed mobile application that will be released gradually by Duo over the next couple of weeks. Rest assured, the functionality of the application on both Android and iOS apps will remain unchanged. You also don’t have to do any reconfiguration of your account.
Again, the core functionality of Duo Mobile is not changing. You will continue to be able to:
● Receive a Duo Push.
● Use passcodes.
● Add, edit, reorder, and remove accounts.
● Backup and restore accounts.
● Use dark mode.
● And anything else you can do in the current version of the app.
However, Duo has simplified the interface as well as added features that provide better visibility and customization. These include:
● Updating the position of the Approve / Deny buttons so that Approve is on the right, a more natural location.
● Improving the accessibility of the app, including adding a landscape view, variable font sizes, and improved color contrast.
● Providing clear guidance on restoring your accounts if you get a new phone.
● Making it easier to find and manage your accounts with a simpler interface.
Once Duo makes this new app version available, it will update just like any other app using the Apple App Store or Google Play store over the next few weeks. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this app refresh, let us know!