Soon, SMU is launching a pilot to provide testing/grading features to Canvas that it doesn’t have natively. This Canvas-integrated cloud system called Gradescope, we will be fully enabled within Canvas. OIT is hosting an interactive training session next Wednesday to help faculty get started. The Gradescope tool is especially valuable for disciplines that rely on submitting equations, programming codes, and the like.
Join us Wednesday, June 9, 2021, at 2 p.m. for an online workshop and learn how instructors use Gradescope. The workshop will offer guidance on the delivery of assignments that are paper-based, fully online, and a combination of the two. We will also cover the instructor workflow of using Gradescope integrated with Canvas.
In the workshop you will learn how to:
- Set up assignments where students can submit freeform work (no printers or templates needed)
- Save time with AI-assisted grading and answer grouping
- Make rubric changes as you grade – changes apply to previously graded work to maintain consistency
- Write each comment only once – apply previously used comments with a click
- Use ‘assignment analytics’ to gain insight into student learning
- Take advantage of the Canvas integration
Join us on Wednesday, June 9, 2021, from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. CT
Register* and reserve your spot at https://info.gradescope.com/smu-workshop
* TAs and grading staff are also welcome to attend, but will also need to register in advance of the workshop.
If you are interested in getting started with Gradescope, please open a help ticket with the IT Help Desk or contact your school’s ATSD.