my.SMU Homepage

New Student Dashboard Simplifies my.SMU Tasks

My.SMUA lot has changed over the years when it comes to enrolling in classes. Previous generations of college students dealt with paper forms, waiting in line, and even gathering in large meeting halls to gather punch cards for the class sections they wanted for eventual input into a mainframe computer. Thankfully, things have gotten easier.

my.SMU has allowed students to manage their enrollments, bill payments, transcript information, and more from anywhere – even on mobile devices. Now, as part of the University’s SMU-in-Four initiative, we’re going one step further. We are excited to introduce the my.SMU Student Dashboard!

Previously, all of your essential student tasks were located in separate “tiles” within your my.SMU Student Homepage. While this was certainly functional, it required a lot more clicks plus much jumping back and forth. We’ve taken all of those tasks from their separate tiles and placed them in one easy-to-navigate interface, allowing you to more quickly and easily take care of those administrative tasks so you can get back to your studies.

A screenshot of the Student Dashboard home page.

Monitoring your academic progress is easier, too. with a new look for degree progress reports and unofficial transcripts. The Student Dashboard home page also has your tasks, to-dos, and other information front and center for easy viewing at a glance.

When enrolling in classes, you also don’t need to worry about juggling different course sections to fit your schedule. Thanks to the Student Dashboard’s new Schedule Builder, you simply choose the classes you want to take, and my.SMU automatically checks all of the sections for those classes and builds your weekly schedule for you, taking a lot of the guesswork out of your enrollment process.

A screenshot of the new schedule builder tool in the Student Dashboard.

This new Student Dashboard will be available on March 01, 2021. The my.SMU Student Essentials website will also be updated with detailed instructions and videos on how to use the new system. Along with this, the my.SMU service page will be refreshed with new sign in buttons for students, faculty/staff, and other users of my.SMU like parents/guardians/authorized payers.

The new my.SMU service page.

We hope this new interface will make managing your academic career easier than ever. As always, feel free to contact the IT Help Desk or the Registrar with any questions.

UPDATED 02/22/2021: Page updated to reflect new launch date that was rescheduled due to winter storm in Texas.
UPDATED 03/03/2021: Added hyperlinks to my.SMU site and videos. 

Published by

Zach Peterson

Zach is a Senior IT Training & Communications Consultant with OIT. Zach began his SMU career at the IT Help Desk in 2012 and joined the Training & Communications Team in 2015. He is a 2011 graduate from the University of North Texas and obtained a Master of Liberal Studies degree from SMU in 2018. He enjoys reading and collecting vintage and antique radio sets. He grew up in Valley View, Texas near Denton.