Adobe Test Fest 2020

Adobe Test Fest a Success!

Adobe Digital Badges

Our recent Adobe Test Fest has concluded, with several Adobe certifications issued during the weekend event. Also, we have a winner in our highest score contest! Samantha Navarro, a master’s student in Design and Innovation, scored an excellent score of 950 on her Visual design using Photoshop exam to earn the $100 Amazon gift card! Samantha was excited to take advantage of our availability of Adobe exams.

“I started learning Photoshop on my own when I was thirteen and have been hooked ever since,” Samantha said after her exam session. “I had no idea that Adobe offers certifications, so when I saw that OIT would provide free testing I jumped on it. To another creative, your portfolio will often speak for itself, but to someone like an HR representative, certifications can provide hard evidence of your credentials. I researched the exams and decided to start with the program most familiar to me: Photoshop. While brushing up on my skills, I learned a bunch of helpful tips and new tools that I am excited to try out; it was honestly really fun to study for. ”

Samantha also plans to take the Adobe Illustrator, Premiere Pro, and After Effects certifications in the future. Congrats again to Samantha on her achievement!

If you want to take advantage of Adobe certification at SMU, it’s not too late! In fact, we are still offering them! Stop by smu.edu/certified for more information or smu.edu/registerblast to register for a session.

Published by

Zach Peterson

Zach is a Senior IT Training & Communications Consultant with OIT. Zach began his SMU career at the IT Help Desk in 2012 and joined the Training & Communications Team in 2015. He is a 2011 graduate from the University of North Texas and obtained a Master of Liberal Studies degree from SMU in 2018. He enjoys reading and collecting vintage and antique radio sets. He grew up in Valley View, Texas near Denton.