To help protect the SMU community, the University is deploying two new tools for monitoring the health of students, faculty, and staff—A COVID-19 Symptom Checker and Contact Tracer.
Symptom Checker to Stay Mustang Strong
If you are not feeling well or not sure if you should be on campus, you can use the Mustang Daily Symptom Checker. The survey will help you to determine if you are currently experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19. After answering a few questions, the Checker will provide guidance for your next actions, and based on the results, you will be given further instructions.
You can check your symptoms at smu.edu/covidcheck.
PathCheck provides Contact Tracing
The University has partnered with PathCheck to create a contact tracing solution for the campus. The app is simple to set up and will help the campus during the pandemic to find and notify those on campus that might have come in contact with someone that later tests positive for COVID-19.
PathCheck privately stores your location on your phone for 14 days. This diary remains private unless you choose to share information. Here is how to get the app on your mobile device:
- Download from your App store. Search for “PathCheck SafePlaces.”
- After you launch the app, click Get Started, and accept the licensing agreement.
- Walkthrough the steps and then click Set up my phone.
- If you are asked to receive notifications and access your location. The answer is Allow.
- That’s it. Once you have set up your device, you will receive the following notice.
When using the app, the center button that asks for a code is only if you have tested positive. This allows you to send your GPS data to the University for contact tracing. Remember, your location data never leaves the phone until this code is entered.