Recently, we have added the ability to integrate Zoom with LibCal, also known as booking.smu.edu. The new integration will allow someone to book an appointment with you using Zoom as an option. To enable this feature, you will need to add Zoom to your Libcal account, which can be done easily as outlined below.
Connecting Zoom to LibCal
- From smu.edu/OIT/Services/LibCal, click Log In.
- In LibCal, click on the Integrations tab.
- Scroll down to the Zoom: Online Meetings section.
For Zoom Email, enter your SMU email address. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the Connect to Zoom button to complete the process.
Booking Appointments using the Zoom Integration with LibCal
When a student books an appointment with you using the Zoom option, a meeting will be created with a specific meeting ID. This will ensure they will not access your Zoom Personal Meeting ID. After the appointment has been booked, you will receive a confirmation email containing the name, time, and a link to the Zoom meeting. The student booking the appointment will also receive a confirmation email with a link containing the meeting ID.
In addition, the appointment will be added to your Outlook Calendar. Unfortunately, the calendar appointment will not list the meeting ID in the calendar event.
The appointment will also sync with your Zoom Enterprise account. The meeting will be listed in multiple locations within the service:
- In the Home tab, in the calendar for upcoming meetings today
- To see future meetings, go to the Meetings tab, then choose Upcoming to see a list of meetings occurring in the future