If you have been using one of the campus research portals, you know how invaluable that database of research findings, including analyses, opinions, trends, leading practices, or case studies, can be. For the past year, the University has offered two popular choices, My Gartner and Forrester Research. After May 31, 2020, Forrester Research will be the licensed solution for SMU.
Forrester Research provides all SMU students, faculty, and staff with access to the extensive resources of Forrester Research, including market data research, business operation insights, and more. To get started, just go to smu.edu/Forrester.
Creating a Forrester Account
To use Forrester Research, you will need to connect your SMU email to a Forrester account.
- To create a Forrester account, click the Login button on the Forrester Research service page.
- On the Go.Forrester landing page, click the Log In link in the Menubar on the top-right.
- At the prompt, enter your SMU email (i.e., firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Business Email Address field. Your address will be detected for Single Sign-On.
- Click Log In to be redirected to SMU’s Single Sign-On Page for Forrester.
- Enter your SMU credentials and click Login.
- A Duo logon is also required for Forrester, so you will need to accept the prompt on your mobile device.
Welcome to Forrester!
At this point, you will need to choose a role and add some interests before you get started. Once you have completed those steps, use the search bar to begin your research. For a video introduction to using Forrester Research, please see How To Use Forrester – Your new Technology and Marketing Resource.
For more information about using Forrester, including their citation policy guide, please visit smu.edu/Forrester.