We recently encouraged the campus community to make plans to support the scenario where in-person courses must be moved online during an emergency or extended campus outage. We also want to encourage those working in more administrative and supportive roles to consider how they modify their work routines if needing to work remotely.
There are challenges to working remotely, from managing teams to staying focused. LinkedIn Learning has several videos for those new to working from home and managing those teams that do. We have created a couple of Learning Paths for those working from home and those managing remote teams.
If you are new to working remotely, it might be challenging to stay focused or be motivated. In this learning path, find out how to meet those challenges, plus be more efficient when you meet virtually, manage your time, and be a productive team member – even when you cannot be with the rest of your team.
- Working Remotely – The value of working remotely
- Communication Tips – Tools for virtual teams
- How to Stay Focused When You’re Working from Home
- Communicating in virtual meetings
- 6 Ways to Stay Motivated When You Work from Home
- Working Remotely (LinkedIn Learning Course)
- Time Management: Working from Home
- Being an Effective Team Member
Find out about working remotely and complete the Learning Path on LinkedIn Learning.
Leading Remote Teams
It can be challenging to manage a team that can be separated by location. We have put together a collection of valuable resources for those that lead teams that work from home, covering topics like keeping employees engaged, facilitating virtual meetings, and dealing with communication issues that may arise.
- Managing Teams – Managing virtual teams
- Leading at a Distance
- How to Keep a Global Team Engaged
- Making Virtual Teams Work: Ten Basic Principles
- Collaborative Leadership – Building collaborative relationships
- The Future of Performance Management – Welcome
- Crisis Communication – Prepare for crisis communication
- Communicating about Culturally Sensitive Issues
- Communicating with Empathy
- Communicating in Times of Change | LinkedIn Learning, formerly Lynda.com
- Managing Meetings
Review these tips for successfully leading remote teams and complete the Learning Path on LinkedIn Learning.
Keep Teaching/Keep Working
Featured image from LinkedIn Learning’s Leading at a Distance. Used with permission.