As we mentioned last week, after many years of helping people around the world with technical skills and professional development, Lynda is taking a well-earned retirement!
Previously, we mentioned the service would migrate on December 14, 2018. That date has been deferred to January 10, 2019. Starting at 8 a.m., SMU’s connection to Lynda.com will be unavailable as we migrate to LinkedIn Learning. The migration is expected to take 18 hours.
Lynda.com, a LinkedIn service since 2015, will soon become LinkedIn Learning. This new service will continue to provide the legendary quality courses you expect from Lynda.com, but will now be closely integrated with LinkedIn’s professional social network. Faculty and staff members will also soon have the opportunity to create custom playlists that can be shared with your office or class.
- Unlimited access. Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Personalized recommendations. Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files, and coding practice windows.
Watch and Win
Our Watch and Win with LinkedIn Learning Contest will also be postponed, but don’t worry; we are still giving away some great prizes! From January 14, 2019, to February 14, 2019, watch at least one LinkedIn Learning video for a chance to win an Apple TV 4K or other cool LinkedIn items.
FACULTY NOTE: If you currently link to Lynda.com course content within your Canvas courses, those links will continue to work for approximately three months after the switch to LinkedIn Learning. After that, you will need to update the links for the new service. Please contact the IT Help Desk or your school’s Academic Technology Service Director for assistance.