After many years of helping people around the world with technical skills and professional development, Lynda is taking a well-earned retirement!
Lynda.com, a LinkedIn service since 2015, will soon become LinkedIn Learning. This new service will continue to provide the legendary quality courses you expect from Lynda.com, but will now be closely integrated with LinkedIn’s professional social network. Faculty and staff members will also soon have the opportunity to create custom playlists that can be shared with your office or class.
You’ll also get:
- Unlimited access. Choose from more than 5,000 video tutorials covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Personalized recommendations. Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
The upgrade, originally scheduled for December 14th, will take place
soon on January 10, 2018. An announcement will be sent once we have confirmed the date.
Activating Your Account
When activation email arrives, click on the personal registration link that will direct you to log in to your LinkedIn.com account using your LinkedIn credentials to activate your new LinkedIn Learning account. If you do not have a LinkedIn account, you will have the option to create one at this time.
Watch and Win
To ring in the New Year with LinkedIn Learning, we’re giving away some great prizes! Watch at least one LinkedIn Learning video and you will have a chance to win the grand prize of an Apple TV 4K or other cool LinkedIn items. Details about this contest will be coming soon!
FACULTY NOTE: If you currently link to Lynda.com course content within your Canvas courses, those links will continue to work for approximately three months after the switch to LinkedIn Learning. After that, you will need to update the links for the new service. Please contact the IT Help Desk or your school’s Academic Technology Service Director for assistance.
Update: Added date for LinkedIn Learning Upgrade.