Fall at SMU brings many great improvements, and I’m not just speaking of cooler weather, college football, or Boulevarding. In January, SMU will be upgrading from Lynda.com to LinkedIn Learning. If you’re unfamiliar with the acclaimed Lynda.com, it’s a free-of-charge, online learning platform SMU provides to students, faculty, and staff to add business, software, technology, and creative skills to their professional toolbox. LinkedIn Learning will provide the same great content but through a user-friendly, new learning experience powered by insights from the LinkedIn network. Here’s a list of improvements and new features to look out for:
- A new interface designed to make it easier for users to find related content (think handy shortcuts and automated user upload)
- Customized learning paths for expertise in specific topics
- Efficient learning tracking
- More relevant course recommendations
- A more intelligent search system
- Social curation, used to see trending course recommendations
Certain LinkedIn Learning users are more than twice as engaged in learning than lynda.com users, making the upgrade beneficial to all who want to accelerate their professional growth. We can’t wait to see what Mustangs can achieve on LinkedIn Learning.
Whether you’re excited, confused, or simply curious about the upcoming LinkedIn Learning transition, watching this video may be helpful.
So long, Lynda! Thanks for over 20 years of education!
Updated December 5, 2018: revised launch date.